Fairweather Family Lodge
The Fairweather Family Lodge (FFL)
The Fairweather Family Lodge (FFL) serves a vulnerable population in San Antonio and Bexar County of single mothers with disabilities and their children who have experienced chronic homelessness.
FFL was established in 2004 with the goal of providing permanent supportive housing, case management, professional counseling, life skills training, and employment opportunities for chronically homeless women with mental illness and their children in San Antonio.
FFL is a campus of 20 efficiency apartments located on San Antonio’s Southwest Side and houses the women and the children in the program in an effort to help them achieve a life full of stability, success, and self-sufficiency.
(To learn more about the FFL and the incredible women who have been through the program, click here!)
We provide the following services through the San Antonio Fairweather Family Lodge Program
- A safe, healthy, stable, and secure place to live for woman and children experiencing homelessness in San Antonio
- Life skills training in parenting, finance, conflict resolution, relationship, problem-solving, leadership, and other social interaction issues
- Assistance in meeting the educational needs of school-age children
- Symptom management
- Case management services
- Individualized assessments
The goals for this program include:
- Providing a safe, healthy, stable, and caring environment
- Increasing self-sufficiency and family/personal income through education, job training, and job placement
- Decreasing episodes of homelessness and/or acute psychiatric care
Referrals and Admission
The Fairweather Family Lodge receives all referrals for admission from Coordinated Entry through the South Alamo Regional Alliance for the Homeless (SARAH), an agency that works with agencies across San Antonio and Bexar County to end homelessness.
For volunteer opportunities with the Fairweather Family Lodge, visit our volunteer page!