what we do
Endeavors' Veteran Supportive Services (VSS) rapidly re-houses and prevents homelessness among eligible Veterans and their families.
Our programs offer emergency financial assistance and one-on-one case management services, including:
- Short-term Emergency Housing
- Rental/Utility Payment
- Assistance Obtaining VA Benefits and Services
- Mental Health Resources
- Access to Substance Abuse Programs
- Job Placement Assistance
- Skills and Parenting Workshops
- Assistance with Other Public Benefits
Financial assistance take out amounts for qualifying Veterans is available on a case-by-case basis for the purpose of Veteran homeless prevention. Case management services identify the unique needs of each Veteran. Financial requests are made by the case manager on behalf of the Veteran receiving assistance, within the guidelines and limitations of each program.
2 Year Rent Subsidy for Veterans
Veterans who are enrolled in Endeavors’ Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) program may qualify for a rent subsidy service called “Shallow Subsidy.” The Shallow Subsidy service provides eligible Veterans up to 35% of their rent cost for up to two years.
- Must meet and be enrolled in the SSVF program
- Must be under 50% AMI
- Must have continuous steady income
- Must be able to pay 65% of monthly rent
- Must live in an area served by Endeavors’ SSVF program
For more information about SSVF or the Shallow Subsidy service, please locate the drop-down menu at the top of this page and click on the contact information for the area in which you reside.
What are the eligibility requirements to qualify for program assistance?
- Low-income status
- Homeless or at risk of becoming -homeless
- Discharge status and conduct
- Active duty service status
What areas of Texas qualify for program assistance?
VIEW OUR WISHLIST
Support our programs by donating items on our Amazon Smile Wish List.
This program is supported by a grant from the Texas Veterans Commission Fund for Veterans’ Assistance. The Fund for Veterans’ Assistance provides grants to organizations serving veterans and their families. For more information, visit www.TVC.Texas.gov.