For years, children have been coming to the United States to escape poverty, violence, and exploitation in their home country. After crossing the border, children who are unaccompanied by an adult are placed into the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) care, and a sponsor is identified. Endeavors was awarded a federal grant to help this population. Utilizing years of experience providing home studies for children in Texas, Endeavors also provides home studies and post-release services to unaccompanied children. We have served migrants since 2012.
Through a combination of supervisors, case managers, and program experts, Endeavors is able to provide culturally appropriate, trauma-informed, child-centered case management services to unaccompanied children and their sponsors nation-wide.
The Home Study and Post Release Services Program allows Endeavors to help unaccompanied children in various ways:
- Ensure placement stability
- Provide support and case management
- Teach sponsors how to provide support and care
- Create innovative case management approaches
- Deliver home study and post-release services
Endeavors is preparing to open a permanent shelter for unaccompanied children in Eagle Lake, a community project that will fill a critical need. The current pandemic crisis has redefined what emergency preparedness means, especially to the under-served populations of our community, with many of those including children. Also working alongside the ORR, an office of the Administration for Children & Families (ACF) within The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), our program will help children displaced from their family and loved ones. During their transition, each child is assigned a case manager.
The primary goals of the program include:
- Providing child care, mental health, and family reunification services for displaced youth at the new facility
- Ensuring Endeavors is fully trained in emergency behavior intervention practices
- Reuniting displaced youth with a loving and caring family member or sponsor
- Bringing new employment opportunities to Eagle Lake
- Reunifying of the child with a loving and caring family member or sponsor
- Integrating the child into a nurturing home
- Placing the child in an environment that promotes
SUPPORT OUR MISSION
If you want to donate but are unsure of which program has the highest need for financial assistance, consider giving an “unrestricted gift.” By choosing to give an unrestricted gift, you are giving us the opportunity to fund programs with the greatest need, allowing your gift to have the biggest impact possible and to best support the mission of Endeavors and the changing needs of the community.