Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinics
About the Clinic
The Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at Endeavors™, provides high-quality, accessible, and integrated mental health care to Veterans and their families regardless of role while in uniform, discharge status.
The Military Family Clinic is a CARF accredited service provider that uses evidenced-based practices with a integrated approach to improving the quality of life for our Veterans and their families. Services are provided by credentialed staff trained to work specifically with Veterans and their families. Veterans and their family members are able to receive services individually and as a family unit at the same place with the same treatment team.
The Military Family Clinic will also help connect Veteran families to additional future supports, e.g., housing programs, as necessary.
Who We Serve:
Our clinic provides services to any post 9/11 veterans and their family members. The Clinic seeks to complement care provided by the Veterans Administration (VA), and to provide support for three specific under-served groups:
- Veterans who do not receive mental health care in the VA system, whether for reasons of limited accessibility or other factors (including personal preference);
- Veterans who are ineligible for care in the VA system (e.g., due to discharge status, conditions that are not service-connected); and
- Family members of Veterans, Reservists, National Guard and Active Duty service members, regardless of dependent status. Family members include parents, siblings, spouses/significant others, children and others.
Our Services Include:
- Counseling for individuals, groups, couples, children and families
- Medication Management
- Case management; connections to local resources
- Life Skills and Wellness Groups
- Specialty Workshops
- Telehealth – online video counseling sessions from the comfort of your home or office
Receive care outside of the clinic.
Call or click here to discuss your options.
- Teleheath is a way to provide therapy through a computer, tablet, or phone in the privacy and comfort of your own home.
- Telehealth allows you and your clinician to have appointments in real time over the phone or through video-conferencing. At the Cohen Clinics, we use a secure, private HIPAA-compliant video conferencing software to ensure confidential services.
- Any services offered in-person at a Cohen Clinic are also available via CVN Telehealth. Treatments such as CBT, CPT, CBT-I, PE, couples therapy, and much more can all be done via telehealth to treat PTSD, depression, anxiety, insomnia, etc.
- Easier to fit appointments into your schedule.
- Helpful when transportation or childcare is unavailable.
- Provides access in rural areas.
- Keeps appointment schedule consistent.
- Helps you feel relaxed in the comfort of your own home.
On average, 20 Veterans die by suicide a day, and experts are concerned that the current pandemic will cause that number to increase. This extreme situation of isolation, unprecedented unemployment, and uncertainty could compound feelings
Note: Clinics do not provide disability ratings due to short-term outpatient counseling model.
Even when our offices are closed, you can still call and speak to a peer at Vets4Warriors. In the event of a mental health emergency, please refer to the below resources:
National Veterans Crisis Hotline: 800-273-8255, press 1
National Women Veterans Hotline: 855-829-6636