What To Expect
- No charge. The goal of the program is to assist Veterans who may be vulnerable to falling into debt or becoming homeless.
- Financial assistance for qualifying Veterans
- Access to emergency housing (hotels, voluntary quarantining, etc) as needed
- Relief of rental debt burden
- A completely confidential process
Who We Support
- Veterans must be low-income (under 50% area median gross income) and must have served in the active military.
- Veterans and families must have outstanding payments on rent, are currently homeless, or at risk of becoming homeless (e.g. potential loss of residency due to nonpayment of rent, fleeing domestic violence, loss of income due to COVID-19 crisis, etc.)
- Veterans cannot have a dishonorable discharge or bad conduct with general court-martial.
How to Apply:
- Personal information including your Social Security number, birth date, home address, email address (optional), and phone number.
- Work start and end dates
- Recall date (if you were laid off but have a set date to return to work)
- Proof of household income below 50% of Area Median Income
- Proof of Veteran Status (Statement of Service, DD214 OR VAMC card)
- Check Stubs
- Income documentation—Most recent VA, Social Security award letter
- Ledger of arrears or documentation showing late status on rent
What to expect after you apply:
- Endeavors will review your application and confirm the details of your application with you.
- A case manager will be assigned and will work with the veteran to stabilize housing.
- If there is a question of eligibility, Endeavors may request more information from you.
- If approved, financial assistance is available on a case by case limited basis for Veteran homeless prevention. Case management services identify the unique needs of each Veteran and financial requests are made by the Case Manager on behalf of the Veteran within the guidelines and limitations of the VA.
- Endeavors Supportive Services for Veterans and their Families program currently serves 80 counties through ten locations, including Corpus Christi, Dallas, El Paso, Fort Worth, Kerrville, Killeen, McAllen, San Antonio, Texas City, and Waco.
- Endeavors serves people in need and in immediate crisis, through our personalized case management services.
- Since its founding in 1969, Endeavors has helped over 16,000 Veterans and their families every year to obtain a safer place to sleep at night, connect with resources for employment opportunities, and access mental health services.
- The Endeavors Supportive Services for Veterans program rapidly re-houses and prevents homelessness among eligible Veterans and their families.
- Endeavors offers emergency financial assistance (such as short-term emergency housing, rent, utility payment, etc.) and one-on-one case management services (such as obtaining VA benefits and services, offering resources to mental health and substance abuse programs, and other public benefits)
- Additional services may include referrals to community resources such as financial counseling, legal assistance, employment assistance and other services as needed.